Amazing E Ink Screen and Really long battery Life
After carefully going through many EReaders , I finalized Sony Ereader and Amazon Ereader. What took me away from Sony was the free 3G connection and huge collection of content from Amazon.
When I was searching for Ereaders , I was hearing constantly about Amazons properietary nature and Amazon not allowing other contents to be added into the Ereaders , which was not true at all. I am able to read many formats of data including epub, PDF, etc.
These are some of the things which I am using my Amazon Kindle for:
1) to get connected to my native place , by reading magazines and Newspaper from India.
2) to read books , I have stopped reading on my Laptop, which is helping my eyes to recover from the long day of using computer.
3) to browse internet and check maps when I am traveling , making use of the free 3G connection.
4) to read the RSS feed for many sites which I am following, I receive daily updates from the Google.
These are some of the positive comments about Amazon Kindle:
1) Amazing Amazon collection of books and other content.
2) Superb battery life , u have to switch off the 3G connection when you are not using to take the benefit of long battery life.
3) E Ink pearl display is one of the best, very crisp, good contrast display.
4) Free 3G anywhere in the world (over 160 countries) , can't ask for more.
What I feel is not so great:
1) Screen size, It would have been better if Screen was bigger (I can't afford to buy Amazon Kindle DX)
2) Formatting of content in some books and magazines, though it is content issue , I have quite frequently come across this issue.
Lots of content but some are not so readable.
Its definitely one of the important gadgets for any one who is an avid reader. For travellers , its your companion use it when your waiting for your next flight or in the flight.