LG Optimus One P500 review
After using basic Nokia phone for over 6 years , I decided to upgrade and experience the Smart phone. But, I don't wanted to buy expensive smart phone as it was my first smart major investment. I decided to keep a budget of Rs.10000 or $200. Initial search led me to basic version of Samsung Galaxy models , which when I took a demo didn't impress me because of the Screen resolution.
After some search, I found this GEM which in every way was the best phone at this price point. What really impressed me was the Screen display quality and good RAM size 512Mb.
These are some of the positive things about LG P500:
1) 512 Mb RAM
2) Good display quality
3) Upgrades to Android 2.3.
4) Audio quality
5) GPS works fine, sometimes takes ages to connect though, comes handy in countries where people depend on machines than humans :)
These are some of the things which are not so great things:
1) Phone struggles after installation of 10 or more apps, considering the price and the specs , I expect it to behave like this.
2) One annoying thing is , my Mobile watch is always ahead of other in keeping time. Some problem with hardware or software , I am not sure , but always my time fast forwards itself 2 minutes per month.
3) Dust problem , I took a model which was not resistant to dust. Next models are not having this problem I suppose.
4) No front facing camera for Video calling, can we expect this at this price point? :)
Considering the price, It is one of the best phones available in the market. If you are planning to upgrade from a basic phone for the first time and not willing to invest in an expensive phone. This is the best option.
- Written by Madhu V Rao
- Category: Reviews
- Hits: 1629